Report: Social Media Video Advertising in 2017
In a recent report, eMarketer dug into details the programming plans of Facebook, Snapchat and Twitter and the advertising options available to marketers.
Highlights of the report:
- Consumption Up: Users are watching more and more video via social. This is especially true among younger demos.
- Standards Matter: Typical formats such pre-roll and mid-roll video ads are resulting in more ad dollars going to social platforms
- Facebook Going Longform: Facebook is acquiring content that will include ads. The company has a lot of cash behind it, but success will be difficult.
- Snapchat Staying Short: Platform is looking to benefit from quick-hit content.
- Twitter = Real-Time: They’re sticking to live and event-driven video content.
Check out the full report here.